Saturday, September 4, 2010

What's Cooking Good Looking?

So I might love to eat but I don't really like to cook.  Since I've got some free time this weekend I decided to try a few things out.

First, I made a half recipe of Weight Watcher 1 Point Chili  I halved the recipe because my slow cooker wasn't big enough.  I used crushed tomatoes instead of diced, omitted the green peppers because I don't like them and the zucchini because I couldn't find it in the store (and there was no one to ask).  It smells fantastic and I had a small taste and it's pretty good.  Will be yummy for lunch at work!



Next I tried out Corn Chowder and failed miserably.  I burned the potatoes a bit and then the finished product tasted yucky.  I plan to try again because I like Corn Chowder.



Third attempt was Hungry Girls' Grab and Go Breakfast Cookies  I omitted the raisins and craisins because I'm not a fan and I couldn't find the pureed peaches so I used mixed fruit.  They taste yummy and are going to make a quick breakfast.



My last challenge was Hungry Girls' Swirls Gone Wild Brownies  I used my hands to mix the cake mix and the pumpkin because it was hard to do it with a spoon.  I didn't understand the "swirling" of the topping so just spread it around.  They are cooling right now but I'm hoping they will be a yummy treat!!



Tomorrow I am going to attempt Hungry Girls' Red Velvet Insanity Cupcakes  I love red velvet so hopefully they turn out.

My freezer is going to be full of yummy heat and eat treats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment