Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Who's this girl?

This is my second foray into the blogging world.  I kept a travel blog while backpacking in Africa and Europe in 2007.  Just looking for a place to put my thoughts down, and who writes on paper anymore :P


I am a 25 year old Alberta girl currently living in Calgary.  I have an awesome job (teacher), own a great condo and have a wonderful boyfriend.


I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers.  I struggled with my weight my entire life and hit my breaking point in October 2008.  I joined Weight Watchers and slowly but surely reached my goal in June 2009.  I have been at or under goal for over a year now!  I love food and I love to eat.  Everyday is a challenge.  Starting weight - 179  WW Goal - 149  Current weight - 149  Personal Goal - 140


I like to run but am definitely built for distance, not speed!  I have been skiing since I was 4 and can't get enough.  I am on the bootcamp bandwagon and it's the best workout I have every done.


Currently my journey has hit a bump as I have severely damaged my right knee.  I have a bone disorder called Scoliosis (severe curvature of the spine) that was surgically corrected in 2000.  As a result things aren't so straight in the back and I favor my right leg.  That combined with a fall in February 2010 has left me with ligament damage and an unhappy kneecap.  I am super bummed not to be able to participate in anything active and I have a lot of pain, but my MRI is on October 7 and surgery is scheduled for October 25.  It will be better soon - there's always a bright side!! 


Talk Soon
J

No comments:

Post a Comment