Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Write it all down! Even that bite of cheese!

My summer vacation is winding down and I'm starting to look forward to getting back into a routine.  I really like routines - I like to plan, schedule and make lists.  During the summer I take a break from tracking and counting points and try to make good food choices.  I got back from 4.5 weeks of holidays on Saturday and got out my trusty food notebook and points calculator so that I could start tracking on Sunday.  And I've tracked every bite since and love it!  I am trying to get to my personal goal so I'm back in "losing mode" (as opposed to "maintenance" where I get more points per day).  It's almost like a game to me, seeing how much I can get for my daily points!  I truly think my success with weight loss is due to tracking absolutely everything.  I look back in my food journals and most days I am on track but there are some days where I eat double (and once and awhile even more) my daily allowance.  But that's life!  And that's the beauty of the program - you can eat whatever you want, as long as you portion, track and move on.  I love to eat, but unfortunately don't love to eat vegetables  - so for me it's all about planning.  I would rather eat smaller portions of things that I enjoy than eat salad everyday (I hate lettuce - you don't make friends with salad!)

Since my knee injury I really can't do much physical activity, so I have to be even more diligent in my tracking.  When I was doing bootcamp 3 times a week I could eat pretty much whatever I wanted, but now that I'm a couch potato things have changed!  The only cardio that is (relatively) pain free is riding my stationary bike - which I love since I can watch TV at the same time!  I'm also trying out different weight training dvds from the library.  I will hopefully be back at bootcamp by March and don't want to be completely out of shape.  When I first started bootcamp it was the worst hour of my day - it hurt so bad and was so hard and I never want to feel that again!

Talk soon

J

No comments:

Post a Comment